St Mary's Equality Ambassador is Ms Walsh
The purpose of this role is to ensure that all members of our school community:
- Feel supported and not discriminated against regarding their protected characteristics (Equality Act 2010)
- Understand their rights and responsibilities regarding the protected characteristics
- Feel listened to, are aware of their right to free speech, but always consider the feelings of others
- Understand the School's values regarding equality
- Feel comfortable reporting incidents that fall below the School`s expectations regarding equality and/or against an individuals' protected characteristics
- Understand the consequences for breaking the School Code of Conduct for Equality.